Circumstances oblige me to do something that I find stupid. All the same, I shall quote myself. But, alas, no!
‘Farewell to Salonica’
With municipal elections looming later this year, things could come to even worse. Karatzaferis, who was expelled from the New Democracy Party for opposing party policy, is seeking to attract the votes of extreme rightists and fundamentalist Christians. Local polls grant him the largest percentage in Greece: 14 percent. Years ago, Karatzaferis made headlines when he claimed there were no Jews among the victims of the World Trade Center attacks, for which he implied Israel was responsible.
- Easy Weight Loss With EFT: Secrets of Tapping The Pounds Off.
- Farewell to Salonica City at the Crossroads - AbeBooks.
- Childrens Ebook; GROSS GUS: Funny Rhyming Picture Book (Ages 2-6).
- Ill Always Be With You (The Maltese Cross Book 1).
- What Makes Health Public? (Cambridge Bioethics and Law).
- Messa in onore di Maria Santissima - Score.
- The Bleiberg Project (Consortium Thriller Book 1).
Incidentally, last week Israeli President Moshe Katsav, whose visit to the city caused havoc with security measures, diplomatically characterized Thessaloniki as the city of tolerance and cohabitation. He pointed out that in no other city in the world did the presence of the Jewish community date as far back as 2, years and in no other city did the Jews knew such economic growth as in Thessaloniki.
Farewell to Salonica City at the Crossroads
He also praised Thessaloniki for opening its arms embracing the Jews who were forced to leave Spain in the 15th century. This truly happened, only with one significant difference. Contrary to popular belief, Muslims have always been more tolerant toward other nationalities and other faiths than has the Christian world - Greeks included. The Turks, who hardly made an effort to assimilate the non-Muslims and did not even attempt to impose their Koranic laws upon them, were happy to receive the well-off Jews.
- Items in search results;
- The Heros Choice: Leading from the Inside Out.
- Mothers New Daughter (TV FICTION CLASSICS Book 56)?
- PCOS And Your Fertility: Your Guide To Self Care, Emotional Wellbeing And Medical Support;
Farewell to Salonica : city at the crossroads in SearchWorks catalog
These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website.
John de Falbe
These cookies do not store any personal information. Deje un comentario Cancelar respuesta.
- The Complete Q & A Book on Dogs (Illustrated dog ebook)!
- The Corinthian!
- Aircraft Pictures Vol. 4: U.S. Air Force Aviation Pictures, Big Birds.
- ‘Farewell to Salonica’.
- Quinoa Cuisine: 150 Creative Recipes for Super Nutritious, Amazingly Delicious Dishes.
Colabore con eSefarad. Back to Top. Este sitio usa cookies para mejorar su experiencia de usuario.